Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody I've got a fairly new tank(210) and I'm looking to stock it. My LFS has a descent selection but can be pricey. So alot of them I get online, I believe there's at least 5 or 6 sites. I've only ordered from Saltwaterfish.com and Iive Aquaria. Just wondering if anybody has used anyone else? Or what there experiences are with these too?
Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

Joj

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Saltwater fish is good to me. My fishes still doing well for over a year now. (Ordered once)
-LiveAquaria is hit or miss (very thin emancipated fishes) with healthy fishes. Ordered thruought the years about 5 times.
-Reefs4less - nice heathy fishes on the thinner side but fatten up easily (ordered 2 times already). Fast email response
-reefexclusive.top - nice fishes but little longer to get shipped out (ordered once)
Fast messaging thru txt.
-oceandevoltionla - fishes just came in today and looks on the healthy side for the most part. Order 9 fishes. Quick email response.
For future orders:
Reef beauties.com, drquarantinedfish

Joj

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Saltwater fish is good to me. My fishes still doing well for over a year now. (Ordered once)
-LiveAquaria is hit or miss (very thin emancipated fishes) with healthy fishes. Ordered thruought the years about 5 times.
-Reefs4less - nice heathy fishes on the thinner side but fatten up easily (ordered 2 times already). Fast email response
-reefexclusive.top - nice fishes but little longer to get shipped out (ordered once)
Fast messaging thru txt.
-oceandevoltionla - fishes just came in today and looks on the healthy side for the most part. Order 9 fishes. Quick email response.
For future orders:
Reef beauties.com, drquarantinedfish
Forgot twice for kpaquatics too for Carribean fishes. Great healthy fishes too

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your LFS is 'a bit pricey' but the quality is up to your expectations, I'd always go with the LFS! You can see the fish first, and you support a local business- one you might need when the sh#t hits the fan..

I only buy my fish from one specific shop; I know their way and I know how the fish are handled.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have much luck with Dr.reef. nice guy but but just lots hundreds in fish.

live aquaria is hit or miss. there WA facility is better.

adam at oceandevotion is great can QT fish for you too.

was looking at reef exclusive yesterday. they list alot of fish in stock witch i question. reading through the site they say they can ans will ship up to 75% of your order so i would so if you order 3 fish you prob. will end up with 2. with cuts into the shipping coast. IDK anyone have experience with them??

but yeah if you have a nice LFS I would at least have a convo and see what they can do if you tell them you want to finish stocking your tank through them they might give you some deals. worth asking anyway.

the closest LFS to me is 2.5 hr each way. :/

never tried NYaquctics, but been tempted.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have much luck with Dr.reef. nice guy but but just lots hundreds in fish.

live aquaria is hit or miss. there WA facility is better.

adam at oceandevotion is great can QT fish for you too.

was looking at reef exclusive yesterday. they list alot of fish in stock witch i question. reading through the site they say they can ans will ship up to 75% of your order so i would so if you order 3 fish you prob. will end up with 2. with cuts into the shipping coast. IDK anyone have experience with them??

but yeah if you have a nice LFS I would at least have a convo and see what they can do if you tell them you want to finish stocking your tank through them they might give you some deals. worth asking anyway.

the closest LFS to me is 2.5 hr each way. :/

nered tried NYaquctics, but been tempted.
Salty bottom reef co also has good prices, they are 4 hours away so I can also go through them and just take a day to go pick up the fish. Saves on shipping costs, I think $30-$35 in gas round trip

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Reef is the only vendor I've purchased fish from online. The slightly higher price (with shipping, since I always need Saturday shipping I pay a little more), is 100% worth it to know they're fully QT, healthy, eating, etc. I don't have the space or desire to QT myself, so it's absolutely worth it. I know there are other good online vendors out there, just don't have experience with them as I've had such good experiences with Dr. Reef that I only go there for fish. :)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Thanks for the suggestion. I've gotten suggestions for like 4 or 5 places I haven't even heard of.
I just got a clown trigger from them and he’s super healthy and fat. Customer service is excellent and honestly their prices are as good as most of the fish I see on divers den. Only difference is their fish are fully quarantined so they’re hard to beat IMO.

Nutramar Foods

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Collectors is terrible. Complete waste of money. I highly recommend avoiding shady operations.
Sorry you feel that way thats honestly the first I’ve ever heard about them being a waste of money or shady. I’ve purchased three fish from them and had zero issues.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pirates Reef Corals
Back