Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first coral today which is a torch and was wondering what the best preset is for a predominantly LPS/softie tank. Seems like I am getting decent flow now on the Lagoon setting at 40%, but is there a better setting to be using?

Nutramar Foods

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first coral today which is a torch and was wondering what the best preset is for a predominantly LPS/softie tank. Seems like I am getting decent flow now on the Lagoon setting at 40%, but is there a better setting to be using?
Congrats! So this is the start of a lengthier convo because people will talk about how much flow, lighting etc. What I can offer is that I try to keep enough flow so that food will pass the coral and detritus taken away — without making it look like the coral is in a convertible with the top down.

Im running two MP40s as master/slave. During the time my lights are on I run in reef mode, and when my lights are off I run 1 hour of nutrient export followed by lagoon mode. I use the transition mode for 30 min between modes.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

World Wide Corals
Back