Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions, sorry lol but what would you guys say the best light for my Innovative Marine 15G would be? I’m a semi-broke 23 year old so I can’t drop 500$ on a light lol but what about any options around 150$ or so? I got a Fluval Sea Marine Nano and it’s just not cutting it.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Upvote 0

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw you seemed so excited about that light!

I have the following light and honestly have been really impressed. Its not the easiest to program tho and it doesnt have wifi or anything but for just a good 100w light its been great. Have it running blues over a 9g acro tank running at about 40% intensity. It has all the settings I use like 24hr dcycle, ramp up/down, 5 channels, etc. It's a no name light as far as im aware tho and if you need something simple to program it may not be what you want. I'm quite happy with it tho

had to get on desktop to fix all the random spaces in post -_-

Screenshot (2).png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrMitch

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AI blades on my IM15. A Grow and a Glow. So far so good! Its a new tank so its only some Zoas at the moment.

I do however want to make a mount for it so I can angle the two and create a more balanced color profile since im using the low profile mounts you can slightly see the color difference between the two. Up front its more "white" and in the middle its more actinic. Using the low profile mounts there is not much room for blending. But I really like the look of those mounts. Its bluer under the glow strip than under the glow strip, so I want to angle the grow towards the back of the tank by like 30deg, if that makes sense.

At some point I might pick up a third, and have it Grow, Glow, Grow. That way its really even lighting across the whole tank with nice color fill.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back