+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

My wife finally gave me the thumbs up to plumb a frag tank into my current 90 gallon tank. I have space next to the tank for roughly a 20” x20” tank and attached is the tank I’m thinking of buying. Just wanted to grab some ideas for the best bang for my buck lighting option. I would like the ability to grow any type of coral I want. I currently run two AI Hydra 32s on my 90 gallon both with added Reef Brite XHO bars to supplement. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

90A380C4-6F8D-4375-B77D-4844087CF093.png

JaaxReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

My wife finally gave me the thumbs up to plumb a frag tank into my current 90 gallon tank. I have space next to the tank for roughly a 20” x20” tank and attached is the tank I’m thinking of buying. Just wanted to grab some ideas for the best bang for my buck lighting option. I would like the ability to grow any type of coral I want. I currently run two AI Hydra 32s on my 90 gallon both with added Reef Brite XHO bars to supplement. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 3024291
I would maybe go with a small T5 fixture off Amazon, AI blades, or some other light bars? Gives you great light fill and power for a good price in my opinion over some of the more expensive pendant LED fixtures that are so popular.

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would maybe go with a small T5 fixture off Amazon, AI blades, or some other light bars? Gives you great light fill and power for a good price in my opinion over some of the more expensive pendant LED fixtures that are so popular.
Thanks! I have used T5s in the past and always think about them, I know they grow well ! Definitely gives me something to consider.

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back