Best filter media for 25 Gallon AIO

stevo_87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I currently have. 8 month old 25 gallon nano tank AIO.

In my media basket I have filter floss and rowaphos in the top tray, 2nd tray fluval bio max then in the 3rd black course sponge for large particulars.

Just wanted to see what everyone is using and if I should be doing it different?

Currently using rowaphos to get phosphates down, currently just under 0.20ppm

Thanks

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what you are doing is fine. Some people like to run activated carbon all the time, but there are pros and cons. Personally, I am a proponent of carbon and run it 24/7 on my system. That is the only media I run in my system unless phosphates get high I will run some GFO temporarily.

OP
OP
S

stevo_87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, what are the pros of running carbon, I do have red sea reef spec carbon but haven’t done nothing witb it yet ?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what you are doing is fine. Some people like to run activated carbon all the time, but there are pros and cons. Personally, I am a proponent of carbon and run it 24/7 on my system. That is the only media I run in my system unless phosphates get high I will run some GFO temporarily.
Yup I run activated carbon 24/7. Keeps my water crystal clear.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, what are the pros of running carbon, I do have red sea reef spec carbon but haven’t done nothing witb it yet ?
It clarifies water and removes contaminants. Its a nice safety net in case any pollutants make it into your tank by accident. Things like febreeze, bug spray, your kid’s crayons, etc, etc. Carbon will bind most of those types of things and keep from poisoning your fish/corals.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back