+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am running an ultra low nutrient system (PO4 at .04 - .09 and NO3 at around 2 - 3). I have the Phosphate UL digital hanna test kit - which works great, easy and quick. My challenge is testing for NO3 and currently using Nyos NO3 test kit and difficult to get accurate reading due to matching colors - especially at a low range from 1 - 5 ppm. I do know that Hanna does have the Nitrate low range digital kit HI781 - but many complaints on the pain it is to use as I am hearing.

I am looking at purchasing this one from Hanna - more expensive and trying to not spend money on useless equipment :) so want to make sure there are some folks using this with success.

Thanks

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

DHill6

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the Nyos N03 kit without a problem for years. Also running low nutrients. If it’s a close call I split the difference between the two numbers.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
A

attilak

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the replies! I am sorry because I hardly check this unless I get an email that someone responded to a thread... well something happened because I no longer get notifications.

Anyway, a friend must be using the 781, because he kept telling me it is junk and takes many steps. I am so glad I posted as I never thought of getting the HI782 as it is high range checker. This to me meant that as I am trying to keep my NO3 at around 10, this one may not be as accurate. I am trying to fine tune my daily nitrate dosing and it becomes a bit pain to use Nyos and I just think it is very difficult to try and get accurate measurements relying on colors.

Thanks again and will purchase this 782!

Attila

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Bulk Reef Supply
Back