Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the right lighting and flow you can pick what you like. SPS some have very nice color but can be more difficult and do not really add movement. Rockflower nems while not a coral are pretty hardy, add nice color if you find the nice ones and mine have stayed where placed on the rock originally. There are a lot of nice LPS corals with different color as well. I would research a bit on coral care requirements etc then make a plan on what you would like based on their care needs and colors available. Rock dwellers vs bottom dwellers. Plating monti can add nice color but can grow very large and shade other corals. I would also go slow and not just add a bunch at once. I've found coral to be very tank finicky for me. I have some that thrive in one tank and wither in another even though they run the same water parameters and similar lighting. I've never been able to grow easy stuff like GSP and zoas in any of my tanks. One tank 7 years old now can finally grow gsp and have some zoas coming around that have been stagnant for years.

OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the right lighting and flow you can pick what you like. SPS some have very nice color but can be more difficult and do not really add movement. Rockflower nems while not a coral are pretty hardy, add nice color if you find the nice ones and mine have stayed where placed on the rock originally. There are a lot of nice LPS corals with different color as well. I would research a bit on coral care requirements etc then make a plan on what you would like based on their care needs and colors available. Rock dwellers vs bottom dwellers. Plating monti can add nice color but can grow very large and shade other corals. I would also go slow and not just add a bunch at once. I've found coral to be very tank finicky for me. I have some that thrive in one tank and wither in another even though they run the same water parameters and similar lighting. I've never been able to grow easy stuff like GSP and zoas in any of my tanks. One tank 7 years old now can finally grow gsp and have some zoas coming around that have been stagnant for years.
Can you send a pic I’m interested in how your set up looks like

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you send a pic I’m interested in how your set up looks like
This is my oldest tank 7+ years 180g. pardon the dirty glass, today is glass cleaning day and I haven't got to it yet.
20230430_130122.jpg

This is my newest tank 2 months. I have a batch of stag horn frags I'm going to mount to the rocks. The other corals are form my other tanks. The big trachy and meat coral in front are the ones I spoke of that wither when I place them in the 180g for some unknowns reason. I've left them in there for weeks and just just stay deflated. 24 hours out and they look like this. The acclimation box is for a batch of snails I just got
20230430_130229.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my oldest tank 7+ years 180g. pardon the dirty glass, today is glass cleaning day and I haven't got to it yet. View attachment 3130169

This is my newest tank 2 months. I have a batch of stag horn frags I'm going to mount to the rocks. The other corals are form my other tanks. The big trachy and meat coral in front are the ones I spoke of that wither when I place them in the 180g for some unknowns reason. I've left them in there for weeks and just just stay deflated. 24 hours out and they look like this. The acclimation box is for a batch of snails I just got View attachment 3130173
There both insane and really good looking

PeterC99

Living The Reef
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toxic Green SPS. Cheap, colorful, and easy to grow.

Bubble gum digi & red sotesa also pictured (also cheap, colorful and easy).

IMG_1564.jpeg

1682875985080.jpeg

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back