Best animals for a 124 gallon reef tank. Fish and Invert wise. And can a cleaner shrimp and pistol shrimp stay together in this tank?

BRS

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a 60 gallon cube with some livestock but upgrading to this bigger tank it is a rectangle.
3F3EA2E0-258F-4E45-AA54-C4B9E372F52B.png
sorry this was the only picture I had of it.

Nemo&Friends

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125 G 72x18x22. My hippo tang and rabbitfish use the full tank. I think a yellow tang or a small tomini tang should be ok. Dwarf angel Small wrasse and gobies too. However you have to check the aggression of each fish and see if they would get along. Snails, hermits and shrimps but check shrimps, as some are territorials, and you may not be able to keep too many. Peppermint should be OK. I kept 5 for a few years.
Hiding places, comfortable space and good nutrition go a long way to tone down aggression and stress and help you to succeed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gabe aqua

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125 G 72x18x22. My hippo tang and rabbitfish use the full tank. I think a yellow tang or a small tomini tang should be ok. Dwarf angel Small wrasse and gobies too. However you have to check the aggression of each fish and see if they would get along. Snails, hermits and shrimps but check shrimps, as some are territorials, and you may not be able to keep too many. Peppermint should be OK. I kept 5 for a few years.
Hiding places, comfortable space and good nutrition go a long way to tone down aggression and stress and help you to succeed.
Ok thanks

Upvote 0

KeepAFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner, pistol, and peppermint shrimp in a 6 foot, 125 gallon. They have been together for about 6 weeks with no issues except my peppermint has taken to hiding during the day since I added the cleaner. I though he died, but I would find molts ever couple weeks and just this week, I started catching him coming out at night.

We also have 5 clowns, 2 fire fish, 2 yellow watchman gobies, a fox face, a naokoae wrasse, a mandarin, lawnmower blenny, haddoni anemone, 2 rbta, and colonies of Duncan’s, Xenia, star polyps, galaxia, pocillopora, frogspawn, and some other coral.

For the most part everyone gets along great, except the fox face and cleaner shrimp like to steal food from the haddoni and the yellow watchman gobies are still working out their differences.

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Pirates Reef Corals
Back