Beginning my new build (Aggie Aquarist's 75G build)

AquaCave

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been waiting for my house to be finished, and my wife and I have been shacking up with the parents. I've been making fun of millennials still living with their parents and here we've been doing it for two months now. So, hopefully in the next two weeks, we'll be out. We have the house now, and am waiting for the utilities to be hooked up (electric, sewage and water), so I started over with my system and have been collecting it it. I'll add the pics as I have finished them.

First, I did my sump. My old one was a 10 gallon that I did with Ebay dividers. Now I have upgraded to a 20 gallon long and used Modular Marine's dividers and other items.

I'm trying to finish up my new stand this weekend, so hopefully, those will go up soon!

IMG_20180108_183756.jpg

IMG_20180108_183812.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem is, I drilled too low. I placed the template at the bottom edge of the rim instead of at the top.

View attachment 746991
Yep, I almost make that mistake with mine but looking here at the forum I found out that will need to put the template inside to be able to have the water line right over the rim. I drilled mine from inside out on both, the overflow box and the return holes.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little late now. :(
I see that reefers with the same problem glue a piece of acrylic Plexiglass to the overflow vents almost half way to raise the water level a little more.

Avast
OP
OP
Will Milberger

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that reefers with the same problem glue a piece of acrylic Plexiglass to the overflow vents almost half way to raise the water level a little more.

Worth a shot. Was looking at how to make the intake taller. Where's a 3D printer hen you need one? :)

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Will Milberger

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level doesn't look too terribly low to me, could be worse!

I had Modular Marine build me a new weir. Still should have made the bottom end of the cut outs a half-inch higher. Still, they did a good job, otherwise it would have been about an 1 1/2" lower

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back