Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been over a year since I've added to my cleaner crew. My snails do pretty well in my tank. I recently made a couple invert purchases from Saltwateraquarium.com. I have to say, great quality and size on their inverts. Really nice quality and their individual packaging was excellent. Everything arrived alive. I got a variety of snails, scarlet hermits and a cool serpent star.

So I made an interesting observation. I have mild to moderate bubble algae in areas around the tank. It's not bad and I typically just hand remove what I can. I have now noticed some of my patches are completely gone. I'm wondering if a snail or hermit is snacking on it?

I've tried emerald crabs but I think my wrasses kill them. I want to try pitho crabs next but I'm hoping something in the tank now has an appetite for bubble algae.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be a fish that decided to eat it, what fish do you have in the tank?
Well the only herbivores types are my tailspot blenny but he's to small for bubble algae consumption or my coral beauty. The CB does peck at film algae all day but never an interest in bubble algae.

Nutramar Foods

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the only herbivores types are my tailspot blenny but he's to small for bubble algae consumption or my coral beauty. The CB does peck at film algae all day but never an interest in bubble algae.
Ah ok. I’d say you’re probably right that it is a hermit crab eating it then.

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so or do you think clumps of bubble algae just let themselves break loose from rocks so they can spread or land in a better spot to grow?
That occasionally happens. Hermits will also inadvertently do that. They also sometimes eat it. Seen it with my own eyes

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back