• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Beanbag/Doughboy Yuma babies available

Item Price
Shipping
YES shipping is available

OuteastREEFS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Picsart_23-01-30_21-40-02-772.jpg

Mama is over 15 years old NFS

Babies are for sale. They are currently on the egg crate which will be put on frag plugs. Below are the best shots of some babies.
The one on the left has sold.

Picsart_23-01-30_21-42-21-447.jpg

Babies are 400EA

Corals.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

AriMiko43

Review score
+14 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+14 /0 /-1
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mama was bought from a tank breakdown a few years ago from a very old tank.
Gotcha, so you actually don't have a lineage to it but are calling it a doughboy/beanbag? I ask this because I only know of 2 big mommas in the northeast and one is held by me. The other is held by someone else that I know is not you and is actually the momma that mine came from. What you have there is a regular yuma unless you can prove otherwise. I know all about the doughboy shroom and history of them since I was one of the two people (other was in Texas) that were left with the survivors when they first came in 3 years ago.

Nutramar Foods

Benpastw

Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gotcha, so you actually don't have a lineage to it but are calling it a doughboy/beanbag? I ask this because I only know of 2 big mommas in the northeast and one is held by me. The other is held by someone else that I know is not you and is actually the momma that mine came from. What you have there is a regular yuma unless you can prove otherwise. I know all about the doughboy shroom and history of them since I was one of the two people (other was in Texas) that were left with the survivors when they first came in 3 years ago.
So what are you saying? What makes a doughboy/beanbag? How does what he has look any different then the ones you have lol?
you get so offended anytime anyone posts about them.
Did you engineer them in a lab? pretty sure you didn’t get the only one nature ever produced.

Tiki Corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you on YOUR lineage, but if you’re saying that you’ve got the ONLY “beanbag” Yuma strain that nature ever produced I highly doubt that. Now this piece they have looks identical to the ones you post. So with my tools of deduction I would venture to guess that other “beanbag” yumas have been imported in the last say 25 years of the hobby? But who knows maybe you have the only strain ever produced by nature???

Tiki Corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also not trying to start a back and forth or drama just want you to realize that what you’re saying is almost theoretically impossible. That you and another guy have the only ever found or imported one. Like the odds of winning the lottery right, except when the odds are against nature….

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

AriMiko43

Review score
+14 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+14 /0 /-1
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what are you saying? What makes a doughboy/beanbag? How does what he has look any different then the ones you have lol?
you get so offended anytime anyone posts about them.
Did you engineer them in a lab? pretty sure you didn’t get the only one nature ever produced.
Hey Ben clearly I don’t have “THE ONLY ONE” and yes I didn’t produce them in “A LAB”. The guy is posting them up and clearly doesn’t have any lineage on them and saying it’s been in the USA for 15 years which we all know is bs. The first batch came in 3 years ago and yes I know this for a fact. Lots of people in this hobby knew all about them and knew when the first batch came in. Heck if I knew this guy had them I could’ve got direct from him. When someone says they got it from a tank breakdown they have no clue and just trying to give an answer.
I’m with you on YOUR lineage, but if you’re saying that you’ve got the ONLY “beanbag” Yuma strain that nature ever produced I highly doubt that. Now this piece they have looks identical to the ones you post. So with my tools of deduction I would venture to guess that other “beanbag” yumas have been imported in the last say 25 years of the hobby? But who knows maybe you have the only strain ever produced by nature???
Never said I have the only one, I’ve sold a bunch of them to people over the years but instead of me rambling on you can see my response above this. You would be surprised on how similar a beanbag looks to a regular orange yuma. Looks identical you say?
307FCD5D-9884-4B68-A862-584BD6CB9179.jpeg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt matter if it looks exactly the same (honestly not even sure if they are as the pics arimike has actually look a bit different from the mother shot of OP). Same as if you bought a brand name product and one made in the exact same factory. One will cost exponentially more than the other and is important for anyone trying to resell it after. Just how lineage works

An easy way to remedy this would be to call it something like doughboy/beanbag lookalike or "Outeastreefs doughboy/beanbag yuma"

Tiki Corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt matter if it looks exactly the same (honestly not even sure if they are as the pics arimike has actually look a bit different from the mother shot of OP). Same as if you bought a brand name product and one made in the exact same factory. One will cost exponentially more than the other and is important for anyone trying to resell it after. Just how lineage works

An easy way to remedy this would be to call it something like doughboy/beanbag lookalike or "Outeastreefs doughboy/beanbag yuma"
For sure that’s what I was getting at. I don’t disagree with ARIMIKO lineage beanbags are his. But if this guy wants to sell it as his beanbag that’s his business and nobody’s place to step in and correct him because that’s his business. How many companies do we see have their own lineage corals of the same or similar of others. They do it all the time. Also I think he realized his beanbags are slightly different and priced accordingly but this whole tear people down all the time crap on these forums is a little much.

Top Shelf Aquatics

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree with that, like i said it is easy to change it to just "Outeastreefs doughboy/beanbag yuma" instead to make it more clear to people buying it.

Without the distinction it can cause confusion later. I do think arimike might have been a bit too blunt while trying to protect the corals lineage, but i dont know if this is an ongoing thing where they need to correct people all the time about it. If it is, then I would sort of understand a bit of frustration on their part to be honest.

Last edited:

AriMiko43

Review score
+14 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+14 /0 /-1
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly but with him not having a lineage I guarantee you guys he looked up shrooms and saw mine and figured he would name it the doughboy/beanbag. He is able to do what he wants but should make it clear to people it’s not really a doughboy. The doughboy is a highly sought after shroom and people pay good money for it and would be upset if they purchase one from him and it’s not really a doughboy. Here are two examples down below I will post for you guys to read.

I’m sorry but I would be upset if I bought a regular orange yuma for that money because somebody said it’s a doughboy when it’s not. That is the exact reason I watermark my pictures to avoid someone stealing them and claiming it’s theirs. It has happened to me before with my crayola chalice.

76E56AF1-D1F7-4B2A-9D10-26E8B344C043.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

Toky916

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure that’s what I was getting at. I don’t disagree with ARIMIKO lineage beanbags are his. But if this guy wants to sell it as his beanbag that’s his business and nobody’s place to step in and correct him because that’s his business. How many companies do we see have their own lineage corals of the same or similar of others. They do it all the time. Also I think he realized his beanbags are slightly different and priced accordingly but this whole tear people down all the time crap on these forums is a little much.
Not really people selling coral with out linage asking high prices. Imo someone looking for a real doughboy to get sold a fake is also wrong. He can call it whatever he wants but don’t be calling coral what they are not to rip people.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
OuteastREEFS

OuteastREEFS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told it was a bean bag/dough boy, I thought it was a fair price considering that the exact lineage other than word of mouth isn't known fully. As we all know lineage can be tricky. It's to each's own. I'm not calling it an ARI bean bag or an RRC bean bag. The mother colony just speaks for itself. There is nothing to deceit, it's a beautiful shroom in which the color pattern is clearly different than a regular Yuma.

Last edited:

AriMiko43

Review score
+14 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+14 /0 /-1
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was told it was a bean bag/dough boy, I thought it was a fair price considering that the exact lineage other than word of mouth isn't known fully. As we all know lineage can be tricky. It's to each's own. I'm not calling it an ARI bean bag or an RRC bean bag. The mother colony just speaks for itself. There is nothing to deceit, it's a beautiful shroom in which the color pattern is clearly different than a regular Yuma.
I wasn’t trying to attack you or anything but wanted to make it clear to people that this is something different. When you have people looking for an actual doughboy they can be fooled by this and it doesn’t actually turn into a doughboy.

I have regular orange yumas and when they are babies it’s very hard to tell the difference. In fact, I actually keep the doughboys separate from the regular yumas and label them doughboys under the plug. I am very ocd with that and stand by the ones I sell. Once the shroom matures is when the patterns come in. Once again, don’t take it the wrong way. I am just trying to clear up the difference in what you have.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaCave Logo Banner
Back