Battling algae and high phosphate

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting some type of algae, I thought it was GHA but now I believe it’s green turf algae. I switched from phosguard to clearx by fluval per LFS recommendation. The algae isn’t dying off and my phosphate is higher than ever. I’m doing water changes every three days hoping to remove it as any algae dies, but nothing. What am I missing?

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank, number of CUC, N&P?

I’m going thru an ugly phase myself on another tank build — added 30 large turbo snails and manual removal cleared up algae in less than a week! My PO4 was high 1.2 and now 0.6 with PhosphateRx.

OP
OP
D

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is around 1 1/2 old. What ever algae it is came on a frag and I clearly didn’t get it all. I have around 12-16 hermits and maybe 12 snails, plus a pincushion urchin and peppermint shrimp. It’s an AIO system, so no traditional sump. Im not opposed to adding macro algae, but the urchin will probably eat it. Phosphate was always around .02-.03 with phosguard, with clear x its been higher, it was 1.0, but I got it down to .5 with the increased water changes

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back