Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After ignoring my tank for about a year, i have just started to restock my tank. My current tank total volume is around 600L, and i run a calcium reactor. Until recently someone pointed to me that my PH of 7.7 is extremely low and need to look at. I currently run a calcium reactor and i attribute this low ph to the calcium reactor. So in a harsh move, i decomm the calcium reactor and switched to Tropic Marine All-For-Reef dosing. True enough, the ph went up to 7.9 in the day, and around 7.8 at night. To further increase the PH, i decided to add in a kalkwasser reactor to dose at night. I use a kamoer continuous dosing pump and i drip 5ml/min of kalkwasser into the sump at night. The total volume of kalk for the overnight dripping works out to be around 5L/night. However, i don't see a dent in the ph at all. May be a 0.01 or 0.02 increase in ph.

Since i only started doing this in the last 1 week, do you think the PH will gradually improve over the next few months if i keep doing the kalk dosing at night? Or would it just stay like this?

Nutramar Foods

Jason_MrFrags

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look at getting a co2 meter from amazon. Measure inside and outside the house. Also consider using sodium hydroxide drip instead of kalk to bring ph up.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back