Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for Info and opinion of the Bashsea skimmer. Specifically the 24 In Model . How quiet is it ?...need to place in living room,other people to consider. Cost effectiveness to buy and RUN long term compared to Needle wheels. Finally PERFORMANCE and maintenace on beckket easy or problematic. Thanks ahead of time.

AquaCave Logo Banner

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it, probably even model you are mentioning.
It did work and that is most what I can say.
It needed powerful pump to run it, frequent cleaning and it took lots of space in my sump.
I have a needle wheel, DC controllable skimmer now and I will never go back to Bashsea.

OP
OP
J

jft

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it, probably even model you are mentioning.
It did work and that is most what I can say.
It needed powerful pump to run it, frequent cleaning and it took lots of space in my sump.
I have a needle wheel, DC controllable skimmer now and I will never go back to Bashsea.
Hey Thanks SO MUCH. Yes I figured It took uo tOO much Run and required frequent Cleaning. And IT COSTS almost twice a s much as a needlewheel as you need to buy a separate Pump and I imagine increased electric costs to run.What needlewheel did u get? I have a 125 gallon tank w 40 gallon sump, Thanks and happy New year.

Avast

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Thanks SO MUCH. Yes I figured It took uo tOO much Run and required frequent Cleaning. And IT COSTS almost twice a s much as a needlewheel as you need to buy a separate Pump and I imagine increased electric costs to run.What needlewheel did u get? I have a 125 gallon tank w 40 gallon sump, Thanks and happy New year.
I have Aquamaxx Fc120, but they have many different models, including DC controllable.
It is reasonably silent, produces good skimmate. One of downsides is small collection cup, so if you have lots of nutrients, you will have to empty it more often. I have noticed though ( which is typical) that when your tank matures, your skimmer makes less and less stuff.

OP
OP
J

jft

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Aquamaxx Fc120, but they have many different models, including DC controllable.
It is reasonably silent, produces good skimmate. One of downsides is small collection cup, so if you have lots of nutrients, you will have to empty it more often. I have noticed though ( which is typical) that when your tank matures, your skimmer makes less and less stuff.
Thanks

World Wide Corals
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back