Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I explained the situation to my LFS and they said it was fine but I’m still worried long term.

I have 2 clowns roughly 1.5 inches long. One is slightly longer and the other is slightly “taller” I realize I have a ways to go before they decide who is going to be the female. They have been best buds since I added the second.

I now added a Banggai Cardinal 2 weeks ago and he seriously thinks he’s a clown too. They all swim together everywhere like a school, all 3 rub against each other, and sleep together. I thought cardinals were nocturnal, he isn’t.

This may be a silly question but I can’t find anything about this kind of behavior anywhere. My question is: do I have to worry about the clown that turns female eventually attacking/killing the Banggai because of dominance?

thank you in advance for any guidance

Reef Psychology

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinal fish school, so its not unusual. Eventually, things will get sorted. I wouldn’t worry much about it. If these are percula she might get aggressive eventually. If they are ocellairs, a little less likely. There’s no telling what will happen in a year or two. Clowns are all fun and giggles when they are small…. I don’t buy them anymore.

OP
OP
S

Socaldayz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it sounds cool to me, I'de like to see that. I don't think you should spend energy worrying about something that might or might not happen.
Because my luck sucks, every time I try to record them one of the clowns decides to split from the them.
My teens thought I was crazy until they saw it the other day, lol.

Corals.com
OP
OP
S

Socaldayz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cardinal is probably thinking, “ “If I do this long enough maybe they’ll spend $30 and buy me mate”!!! Interesting predicament.
Lol, I thought about this too but I also can’t figure out if this one is male or female. I think I only see 1 vent but then sometimes it looks like 2. The clowns are always in my way when I’m trying to look.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back