+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

I will be buying a spears gate valve but will also need like true union ball valves and I wanted to save a few dollars as these will not be required for real flow management other than to turn on or off. I have seen these two you guys have any real life experience with these? They are all 1" btw

1. Hydroseal true union ball valve from amazon it has real good ratings.

or

2. Flui-Pro from pvcfittingsonline. Looks like good quality. These are a little more expensive due to shipping but I like the red color due to rest of my plumbing

https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/1-flui-pro-pvc-true-union-ball-valve-fp-pro-tubv-st-010.html

Thanks

Corals.com
OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many are you buying? Cepex are only a few more bucks if sourced right. Not sure that they are any better though.
Hey Trey. So far I think 7 (2 for each return, 1 for the secondary drain of a bean animal, 3 for a manifold and another one at the end of the manifold). Maybe I can go down to 5 and buy the cepex. Any recommendations that might sell cheaper? Thanks

Trey

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Trey. So far I think 7 (2 for each return, 1 for the secondary drain of a bean animal, 3 for a manifold and another one at the end of the manifold). Maybe I can go down to 5 and buy the cepex. Any recommendations that might sell cheaper? Thanks
I bought cepex for my current build mainly because they are widely recommended. I have used big box true union ball valves on a previous build and they seemed fine, however I can not attest to their longevity. I would imagine that either of the ball valves you linked would be adequate.
It seems that ease of use over an extended period of time is main reason “higher end” ball valves are recommended. At $15 a pop, one would venture to guess that they should be better and last longer than big box sch. 40 varieties.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought cepex for my current build mainly because they are widely recommended. I have used big box true union ball valves on a previous build and they seemed fine, however I can not attest to their longevity. I would imagine that either of the ball valves you linked would be adequate.
It seems that ease of use over an extended period of time is main reason “higher end” ball valves are recommended. At $15 a pop, one would venture to guess that they should be better and last longer than big box sch. 40 varieties.
Ya that’s what I was thinking too. Because if it works the same and it’s just a brand thing than I would like to save 70$

DWill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

I will be buying a spears gate valve but will also need like true union ball valves and I wanted to save a few dollars as these will not be required for real flow management other than to turn on or off. I have seen these two you guys have any real life experience with these? They are all 1" btw

1. Hydroseal true union ball valve from amazon it has real good ratings.

or

2. Flui-Pro from pvcfittingsonline. Looks like good quality. These are a little more expensive due to shipping but I like the red color due to rest of my plumbing

https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/1-flui-pro-pvc-true-union-ball-valve-fp-pro-tubv-st-010.html

Thanks
I use that same 3/4 Hydroseal valve on my 25 Lagoon. i have it reduced down to 1/2. It feeding the BRS reactor. It’s smooth, has a adjustable, cleanable, rebuildable seat. It works fine. Got it off Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.MOV
    13 MB
  • IMG_1137.MOV
    13 MB
OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that same 3/4 Hydroseal valve on my 25 Lagoon. i have it reduced down to 1/2. It feeding the BRS reactor. It’s smooth, has a adjustable, cleanable, rebuildable seat. It works fine. Got it off Amazon.
I use Hydroseal from Amazon to build my salt mixing station 2 months ago. It's used almost daily turning on and off. Have been working well so far.

thanks. I think I’ll go with the hydroseal just due to the amount of people who have used it with success. Maybe I’ll get one of the other ones too and compare down the road.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral Frenzy
Back