Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to get a backup battery for my tank, and from what I’ve read really all you need is a power head running in the event of a power outage. I’m currently running a Jaebo and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that are comparable with that brand. Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation is always a portable generator. Doesn't make sense to me to spend money on something that only helps the tank for a limited time. Our last outage lasted over 2 days. By then a battery backup would have died for sure.

I use a 6500w portable Jenny from harbor freight. Cost 6 or 700. I shut off my main breaker and have a male to male 220w cord that I just plug into the wall socket in the garage.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to get a backup battery for my tank, and from what I’ve read really all you need is a power head running in the event of a power outage. I’m currently running a Jaebo and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that are comparable with that brand. Thanks!
The Icecap battery backups work with most Jebao powerheads.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

boogiesnap

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting the coral box v2. Reefbreeders has them.
also for a more robust whole home solution take a look at Wen generators. Very good reviews and value. Their inverters look like a great alternative to the twice/three times the price Hondas which I’ve had and were just fantastic, but too expensive for me these days.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use a Penn Plax battery aerator pump with a power cord so it turns on automatically if the power goes off.

For longer outages I have a 1000 watt power inverter that can be run off the car battery. Its small so easily stored and requires no maintenance like a gasoline generator. I have used it twice in the past 10 years, one of those times was for 4-5 days and it worked great, plus I had the fridge on it as well.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back