Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not be sure how old they are at this point. She spawned 3~ weeks ago and again the night before I noticed these guys in the tank. I can’t really find any information on the emerald crabs life cycle and only ever see people sharing pictures/video of them free swimming. If anyone can offer information on anything about the life cycle, specifically what point their in, or raising these guys I would love to hear it.

They have been observable on the rocks for just under 3 days. My assumption is that such a small creature would have to be eating something in that time frame so I hesitantly and possibly prematurely conclude they have found nutrition or numbers would be depleting rapidly at this point. All the rock is covered in them, especially areas with current. I add Phytopheast and Red Sea AB+ daily so hopefully that helps. I don’t have any fish or other threats to eat them.

They are so very small but this is the best I could do for now. Once you see one you will see them everywhere. Try to focus along the top edge of the in focus ledge. Mostly towards photo center left to right. There is a nice group center left. They really just look like giant pairs of eyes looking back at you and they don’t move to much. They just all look back at you. Haha.

Have a great day guys!

E2B930B3-B7AB-47C6-8053-B7000BC4C19E.png

Attachments

• IMG_1474.MOV
    56.8 MB
Last edited:
World Wide Corals
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, cool!

If they've landed, I think you have the hard part over with. They should now eat general emerald crab foods, from what I know of the crab life cycle. It's the planktonic stages that are hard, not the crab-shaped stages.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
nice !!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ying yang

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they really are super tiny hey.
See that pod for scale to left off screen in video and pod least 4-5 times bigger lol.

Sorry no Info or experience on their care,just thought I'd share ^_^

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back