AWC with DOS - can I set a stop at "x" gallons or "x" days??

AI Hydra

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWC from 55 gallon saltwater bin using DOS. Would like the DOS to to change out 1.5 gallons per day for 30 days then stop until I restart it. Alternatively, 1.5 gallons per day until 45 gallons has passed through the DOS and then stop until I reset it.

Bonus if the Apex system can alert me that this duration has ended so I know to refill the saltwater bin.

Is this possible?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com
OP
OP
Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both.

I figured I could add an MOS to the saltwater bin to stop the DOS when the level gets low but know those aren't always reliable. Was hoping to add some redundancy to the AWC so I don't inadvertently drop the salinity via top off if I am traveling out of town.

I guess I could also set a calendar reminder in the system as well.

OP
OP
Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The short answer is "no", unfortunately. While it can tell you how much passes through the DOS (etc.) there's no programming that's been implemented (at least to-date) to allow the Apex to act on that.
Could I program it to run 24/7 for 30 days and then stop?

Maybe set the dosing volume to 1.5 gallons/day and run time to 30 days?

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I program it to run 24/7 for 30 days and then stop?
Maybe set the dosing volume to 1.5 gallons/day and run time to 30 days?
I don't think you can schedule it to stop, but you could probably setup a sensor (LLS, etc.) such that when the saltwater gets low it turns the DOS head off.

OP
OP
Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can schedule it to stop, but you could probably setup a sensor (LLS, etc.) such that when the saltwater gets low it turns the DOS head off.
Thank you. The LLS will probably be what I have to do.

I have a MOS available but the cable is too short. I have had to email Neptune Systems to ask about an extension cord option. BRS said they do not carry any and cannot reccomend an alternate as they would need to avoid liability for any damage caused by a "generic" headphones extension cord.

While I was already emailing I asked about the programming and will report back any information I am given.

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. The LLS will probably be what I have to do.

I have a MOS available but the cable is too short. I have had to email Neptune Systems to ask about an extension cord option. BRS said they do not carry any and cannot reccomend an alternate as they would need to avoid liability for any damage caused by a "generic" headphones extension cord.

While I was already emailing I asked about the programming and will report back any information I am given.
I have a 15" LLS on my FMM module for the Neptune ATK - and it works slick. Had the correct water level right out of the package without any need for calibration.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back