Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Was hoping some reefers had a similar set up and could give me what they did or even just opinions..
My mixing station is in my basement and I’m tired of doing WC day to roll around and have to lug buckets of water around so I decided to start an auto WC system so I picked up two versa pumps
I plan to have one pump in my stand to pull water out and to send it straight down through the floor into my basement and into the drain to dispose of water and then plan to have the second pump down stairs right at my mixing station to then pump water up the wall and back into my tank. Is this how you would set it up? Pics or videos of your set up would be helpful. THANKS!!!

6E0B8293-F3C9-4870-A53C-96D790AD5EFE.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do exactly this. Versa in basement next to new sw pumping up to tank. Versa at tank to pump out tank water. Both versas set for constant speed, 16.6 ml per min. Calibrated volume at tank using versa utility.
Both run at the same time. Mine are apex controlled. 20 minutes every 2 hours, 1gallon daily.
Get spare replacement pump tubing, they must be replaced every 6 months or so. Some buy tygon tubing and diy. Looking for that.

OP
OP
Reefing.with.Rich

Reefing.with.Rich

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I do exactly this. Versa in basement next to new sw pumping up to tank. Versa at tank to pump out tank water. Both versas set for constant speed, 16.6 ml per min. Calibrated volume at tank using versa utility.
Both run at the same time. Mine are apex controlled. 20 minutes every 2 hours, 1gallon daily.
Get spare replacement pump tubing, they must be replaced every 6 months or so. Some buy tygon tubing and diy. Looking for that.
Fantastic
Thank you!!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

findingsimple

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Use 2 Versa. I have both of mine in my cabinet with fresh and dirty water containers outside. I do a few hours each evening totaling to about 10% a week.

Fresh salt water is going into my return area and dirty is being pulled from drain / filter area.

I’ve been doing it for a bit over a month and no complaints.

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back