+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I want to set up an AWC. But I don't want to spend hundreds.

Do you see anything wrong with this? I have a ReefDose 4 currently only using 2 heads.
I don't think I'd trust the peristaltic pumps to carry saltwater 10+ feet vertically though.

So what if I set up a 5g bucket in a cabinet next to the tank with an ATO system that has a much better pump that can carry saltwater from my basement, then I set up the ReefDose to dump 2 gallons a day from the main tank and pull 2 gallons from the 5g bucket horizontally?

OfficeReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Diablojoe Unfortunately, this is not an option and is exactly why I have not one, but two DOS pumps. I have a ReefDose4 that I use for dosing but the ReefBeat app is lacking and doesn't permit this. Also, these are two different quality of motors in the units too, with the Apex DOS being an actual stepper motor.

At some point, I hear the DOS will wear out. So I have a second in that event left over from dosing two part in my nano. Please feel free to see some of the updates to my build later tonight.

I suppose you could attempt to use the ReefBeat for downstream but I doubt it would work well. I use an Apex PMUP for ATO and AWC flush and fill. The pump is much faster at 100gph whereas the DOS is meant to be a slow thing. FYI 5gal in my MAX Nano with no overlap of water in and water out is 8hrs (4x4) plus its really noisy. Maybe two pumps in different directions but the ReefBeat app, I would not use for this and the ReefDose is likely to give out on you.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Brite the professionals choice
Back