Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking a look at what im about to post. Basically i have a Apex and im running a DOS and Trident im relatively new to automatic dosing and i used to do it by hand. I currently dose 2 part and im dosing part 1 for about 10 hours and part 2 for about 10 hours at night. I Was wondering am i able to dose both parts simultaneously 24.7 and not have a problem as long the area where its being dosed has high enough flow? Could this cause problems if so what kinds, if not should i just completely switch my schedule over to try and achieve more stability?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

dpfriedman

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking a look at what im about to post. Basically i have an Apex and im running a DOS and Trident im relatively new to automatic dosing and i used to do it by hand. I currently dose 2 part and im dosing part 1 for about 10 hours and part 2 for about 10 hours at night. I Was wondering am i able to dose both parts simultaneously 24.7 and not have a problem as long the area where its being dosed has high enough flow? Could this cause problems if so what kinds, if not should i just completely switch my schedule over to try and achieve more stability?
You’re better off dosing Alk during the daylight hours and calcium during nighttime hours. Corals use alk during the day when it’s the only time they grow
i dose my alk starting at 10am and Ca at 1am

hunterallen40

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I put my calcium reactor on, I ran two part 24 / 7. I just let the trident do the adjusting throughout the day, and things were quite stable. Just make sure you have it in a high-flow area (I use a cheap powerhead in my frag tank's sump, for example).

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I put my calcium reactor on, I ran two part 24 / 7. I just let the trident do the adjusting throughout the day, and things were quite stable. Just make sure you have it in a high-flow area (I use a cheap powerhead in my frag tank's sump, for example).
see i dont trust trident controlled dosing but cant i just dose the same amount id normally dose just over the entire 24 hour period.

hunterallen40

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, just don't set it to be controlled and you'll be golden. I do like the trident adjustments though. You can set them to be within a certain range, and only increase by a particular amount. it's really nice for random events that cause consumption to decrease or increase suddenly. but, if you don't trust it, you don't have to use it .

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem dosing 10 +/- min apart 24/7
i dont quite follow. are u running a DOS specifically. if i just make them run from 0:00 - 23:59 they will probably both dose at the exact same time just to different parts of the tank.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im relatively new to automatic dosing and i used to do it by hand. I currently dose 2 part and im dosing part 1 for about 10 hours and part 2 for about 10 hours at night. I Was wondering am i able to dose both parts simultaneously 24.7 and not have a problem

This is what I was referring to, there is no problem dosing sodium bicarbonate and calcium chloride within about 10 minutes of each other if properly mixed into the system water. Some systems can benefit from dosing 24/7

I dont know about the dos, but I'd bet they covered that issue, if not there will be something in the settings to adjust for this.

Last edited:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont quite follow. are u running a DOS specifically. if i just make them run from 0:00 - 23:59 they will probably both dose at the exact same time just to different parts of the tank.
I don't know about the dos

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back