Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to buy the ATI Sunpower eight bulb 48” light fixture along with the two Orphex Light Bars. I want to connect the Orphex light bars on each side of the ATI Sunpower. I’m trying to figure out the total width of this setup. I’ve got a limited amount of width space to work with (25 inches).
Thanks

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
K

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Width is 20.25 inches for that setup.
Really appreciate the prompt reply and information - gotta love the R2R community1.

I’m doing to the math here (based on Manufacture website specifications) and this is what I’m coming-up with:
(1) according to the ATI North America website the 48” ATI SunPower 8x54w fixture width is: 17.5
(2) according tío the Orphex website the OR3 120 light bar is 1.97” (Rounding to up to 2” for easier math). One on each side would be four inches. So 17.5” + 4” = 21” and that assumes no gap, i.e. Orphex light bars would be flush against ATI Sunpower fixture. I know our math is only 3/4” off, but just want to make extra sure given the tight space I’m working.

Also are you using the ATI + Orphex combination on your tank? Have any pics? Impressions?

Thank you again SO SO Much.

Nutramar Foods

delv2323

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI with knock off version Ebay bars. Been using an iteration of this setup for maybe six years. I prefer it to all other lights from MH to LED. If you get a used ATI (which is easy where I am) and new Ebay LED bars it'll cost under $500-$700.

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATI with knock off version Ebay bars. Been using an iteration of this setup for maybe six years. I prefer it to all other lights from MH to LED. If you get a used ATI (which is easy where I am) and new Ebay LED bars it'll cost under $500-$700.
Thanks for the eBay tip - will definitely check the bulbs out. Where are you at that makes getting a used ATI fixture easy - curious? Also any pics you’d be willing to share of your tank and light setup? thanks again!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back