Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. I just got myself a second hand ATI led powermodule 8X54, so 8X54 T5 bulbs plus 3X75 led clusters. My tank is a mixed reef 170X56 (width)X53 (hight)cm. What do you think? Will that be OK or maybe an overkill? Do I risk frying my corals? What settings do you think I should start with to get my tank used to the new lights?

Top Shelf Aquatics

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the old gen 1 with a huge power brick that you program the light with. Or do you have a newer gen where you program it from the light itself?

Depending on what your running right now, I might just start with the 8 bulbs of T5, or just 6, then slowly bring in the LED clusters. You have a par monster, be very careful not to fry to fry your coral with it.

I run the same fixture in the 36" config. I run 5 blue+, 2 true actinics, and 1 purple+. Then I adjust my LED clusters for a purple+ cobfig with a bit more white.

You do know about ATI light studio? Makes programing the light much easier. You can set your schedule from a PC, then just upload it to the light.

OP
OP
E

Eleni18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks! It comes with a large controller and wi-fi, so yes, you program the controller through the pc. I have programmed it to run 10 hours daily with 1,5 hour ramp up and down. I have programmed the leds to run on royal blue for an hour, then blue for 30 min, then both leds turn to full spectrum and T5 turn on for 6 hours, then T5 turn off and leds turn to blue then royal blue for 1,5 hour. Do you think this shoul be OK? Oh, and I have turned intensity to 70%.

Nutramar Foods

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say without a par meter. Sounds like it might be a lot of light to start, but again without knowing what you were using for light prior, it's hard to say.

You'll know quick enough if your corals are all closed up, you have to much light. Just experiment and go slowly. The powermodule is a par monster!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back