Are those guys doing good after first 24hrs?

TCK Corals

MikeCRK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can I borrow your experienced eye and ask if the SPS I introduced 24 hours ago are doing good in my tank? I am a bit worried after I bleached one coral some time ago (too early introduced) - thank you in advance!

I am posting as quoted entry from my thread which I keep as a diary:

After trying to bring the PO4 to measurable levels I have added on Saturday 5 drops of PO4 fertilizer and repeated on Sunday. Visually the rock got a bit greenish, meaning PO4 kicked in. Today I did testing, also because I introduced some monties for a test last night:

NH3/4: 0 ppm
NO2: 0.1 ppm
NO3: 15 ppm
PO4: 0.03 ppm (was zero, as in the ocean water I am running the tank on)
KH: 7.5 (8 displayed overdose, 7 was all blue, the previous reading 7 could be the error)

Please advise are the SPS I introduced are getting well, I believe that water conditions and light are OK, what I am a bit worried is the flow:

1. looking fluffy, many polyps showing, I have noticed those are 'hiding' from time to time but not sure what would be the reason:

View attachment 3097802

View attachment 3097811

2. them getting OK, bit slimy but polyps are popping out from time to time and are nicely visible:

View attachment 3097812

3. This one was a bit pale when I took it due to nearby acro in the original tank. I glued it on the body slightly... In 24 hours it is starting getting the color back and polyps look quite OK if you as me:

View attachment 3097814

4. This one has really nice and visible polyps all over the place, it is also pale as it was in the shadow in the previous tank:

View attachment 3097816

So.. please let me know how I could make them feel better and/or if you see any worrying signs :)

Thank you!

Last edited:
World Wide Corals

MischiefReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi can I borrow you experienced eye and ask if the SPS I introduced 24 hours ago are doing good in my tank? I am a bit worried after I bleached one coral some time ago (too early introduced) - thank you in advance!

I am posting as quoted entry from my thread which I keep as a diary:
Looks good to me! The green pocillopora may be a little mad. Everything else looks pretty normal for new corals in acclimation.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back