Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the record...again...Tubs is a person's name. if you have Tubs' blue zoas, you would have had to of gotten them from direct lineage from him. which is funny, since Tubbs went on record saying he's only given away 2-3 frags of his blue zoas...EVER. lol ;)

they are just your random blue zoas, which are quite common in the hobby today. and no where near worth $10/polyp anymore. JMO though.

Top Shelf Aquatics

msman825

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that guy dont live but right down the road aways from me. I'll see them at the Jan frag swap. Ant paying know 10$ a polyp though he says he got them from tubs. I read that in one of his post. I dont have a clue. Never saw his stuff

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heya!

i'd like to politely offer a different viewpoint on tubs being everyday blues. and again, just a friendly point of view that's a little different is all, no offense intended! :D

anyone that has seen the colony of original tubs blues at atlantis aquarium i believe will back me up when i say that the tubs blues are indeed incredibly gorgeous and above par from the average blue zoa.

the tubs blues are much more vibrant and stay blue under all spectrums of light from 10K - 20K.

now i'll agree that there are other blue zoas out there just as nice... but IMHO, definetly not the average blue zoa! :D

just like any zoa, i've seen them morph -- from a pastel sky blue (like the shots tubs typically presents brought to you by high light) to a deep rich blue (like the shots atlantis typically presents brought to you by 'low' light, or at least low in their tank). IMHO, i like the dark morph better. but of course this is purely taste.

and FWIW, the zoas linked on RC look like tubs to me! :D (morphed to a shade of blue in the middle of their brightness)

hope this helps!
-WD?

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i gess im one of those two or three because thats ware i got mine lol
reefsystemzoos005.jpg

newcorals031.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

uberfugu

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I worked at Atlantis and know that Ming's frag is directly from John (Tubs). Ming was one of Tubs' original frag farmers. I've also been to John's and have seen the real deal, both when staggeringly beautiful and when it was in poor health.

Tubs Blues, in person, are a very brilliant royal blue. At Atlantis, they are in Ming's show tank under (8) 400 watt Radiums and another couple-a-hundred watts of VHO actinics.

It is really a solid blue, unlike the more recent carribean blue zoas and palys (which seem to have subtle blue-green variegations).

My little frag is in my wife's nano under 36 watts of 50/50 pc and its color is nowhere as nice (the tank has high nitrates and the little frag is right next to a small aiptasia which may be stinging it)

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back