Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see, this new reef rack I put in a couple of weeks ago has bubbles all over it and my hammer frag has some bubble algae. Nitrates are 10ppm and there is no other algae on the live rock. Any tips are appreciated.
bubalgae.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for sure dinos, but with it being a new surface and I've had them several times, also bubble algae. I don't believe it to be bubble algae because they form small areas first and grow out.

A good test is to just blow them off and see if they blow away.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I used the baster they just flew off.
A microscope will verify, but it looks to be the start of dino's to me, it may not be though. Bubble alge would not blow away. Is that the only place they are appearing, if so it's more than likely the new surface stirring them up, if you don't have them anywhere else I'd say it will pass in time, I would try to suck that stuff out with a small waterchange, don't blow it around to much.

If your noticing them in different places all over the tank then I would see where your nutrients are at, do n03&p04 test. After that there's actions to take, and best to research some dino threads because there are tons of opinions on how to deal with it, I just suck it out and disrupt it. I've had some bad ones and some that went away in a week or so , it happens, but that's what I would look into for your next steps, or to help you further diagnose the issue.

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back