Are my gonioporas getting too much flow?

BangingBaking

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up 3frags of Goniopora from my LFS and they all have opened up pretty nicely. I believe 2 of them are the short polyp variant(could be wrong and they are unhappy, but were like that in the LFS too).
I'm reading mixed opinions about them everywhere from high flow ~ flow low but the general consensus seems to be leaning towards Low flow, low light with spot feeding of amino acids.
Mine is placed in the mid section of my tank with moderate flow(as seen in video) and moderate light, my tank have no SPS so the PAR level isn't anything crazy, just about 95% blues and 5% white .
Should i also space them out to accommodate for the future growth?

Boehmtown

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "small polyp gonis" aren't gonis. They are bernardapora. When they get happy, they throw 8 inch sweepers out and do not get along with gonis. Flow looks fine. Might need to rearrange them if they are bernardapora

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

BangingBaking

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the insights.
Wow! TIL what a bernardpora is as in my area all of these guys are sold as "micro goni". All 3 of them are tank cultured by the LFS and they kept every frags together and even sell them on large frag as a garden, but the more i read about the aggressive sweeper, i better start separating them. Are bernardporas compatible with one and another?

Boehmtown

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the insights.
Wow! TIL what a bernardpora is as in my area all of these guys are sold as "micro goni". All 3 of them are tank cultured by the LFS and they kept every frags together and even sell them on large frag as a garden, but the more i read about the aggressive sweeper, i better start separating them. Are bernardporas compatible with one and another?
Yea. The bernardapora can be together

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back