Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. We recently purchased an Aquatop all in one setup. I believe it is around 20-25 gallons but can't remember off the top of my head. It definitely seemed like a budget setup but that was the idea really. Wanting to do a relatively hands off tank with softies and maybe a few easier LPS. Light stocking with a few small fish and inverts. Hoping that I don't have to do much other than water changes every few weeks.

Anyone have experience with this setup? I liked that it has all the equipment with it but anything I should be watching out for? We've had a biocube 14 for a few years and it's been good. Thanks a bunch.

Nutramar Foods

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably need more than a water change every few weeks unless you find a way to keep nitrate and phosphate in control (of which does not include starving the fish). Small and more frequent changes are less stressful for the fish. I would consider a replacement light imo since the stock light doesn't look at powerful from when I played with it, but you can try it and see how much the corals are stretching towards the light. It's a nice tank for the price. I almost bought one. Id probably put a thin filter pad above the sponge filter that I could rinse easily in the sink and plop it back in. You could also play around with maybe a mini refugium in the back of something too. The media rack was nice if I remember correctly. I'd also consider a power head to blow against the rear wall to stop it from becoming a detritus trap.

If you get a replacement light, a noopsyche mini would be cheap and fit the tank.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Torch SALE
Back