Aquatic Life Hybrid/IM Nuvo 40 Lighting Questions...

bdmach1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got back in the hobby after being away for a long time and looking for some help with lighting my Nuvo 40. I had a chance to see a Aquatic Life T5 hybrid in person and was very pleased how it looked when it was with a single Kessil A360WE. My question is....I'm a bit confuse on what I shoould use for T5's in the fixture! I see there are so many options, I'm not sure what I should use in it. My goal is to have a little bit of a mixed reef in the 40. ultimately I would love to be able to keep in clam in it if possible, but I know lighting is pretty critical. looking for some input from you guys who have been down this road before, and what you have learned etc..

Top Shelf Aquatics

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got back in the hobby after being away for a long time and looking for some help with lighting my Nuvo 40. I had a chance to see a Aquatic Life T5 hybrid in person and was very pleased how it looked when it was with a single Kessil A360WE. My question is....I'm a bit confuse on what I shoould use for T5's in the fixture! I see there are so many options, I'm not sure what I should use in it. My goal is to have a little bit of a mixed reef in the 40. ultimately I would love to be able to keep in clam in it if possible, but I know lighting is pretty critical. looking for some input from you guys who have been down this road before, and what you have learned etc..
In my fixture, matched with the Kessil AP700, I have two ATI Blue+ bulbs, one ATI Coral+ bulb, and one ATI Purple+ bulb. The two Blue+ bulbs go to the outside of the fixture, and the Purple+ and Coral+ go to the two inside spots.
Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
bdmach1

bdmach1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my fixture, matched with the Kessil AP700, I have two ATI Blue+ bulbs, one ATI Coral+ bulb, and one ATI Purple+ bulb. The two Blue+ bulbs go to the outside of the fixture, and the Purple+ and Coral+ go to the two inside spots.
Hope this helps :)

Do you have any pics of you tank Crabs?!?! I guess I need to look at other members tanks and look at what they are running and see what I like!

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics of you tank Crabs?!?! I guess I need to look at other members tanks and look at what they are running and see what I like!
UxYmIqyh.jpg

JQP0YFEh.jpg

xsAWMBvh.jpg

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back