Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to have a tank built for my Sharks. Two Bamboos and a coral. In anticipation that the will soon outgrow my display. I’m thinking 10ftx 3.5ft x 18”. My question is will 18” height be OK. This tank will be going outside by my pool.( Covered of course)

I’m also thinking of a shark pond using a round 475gallon through. (8ft round)

Thoughts opinions

Nutramar Foods

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Brown banded Bamboos can get 4' although unlikely to reach that size in captivity they can definitely get over 3'. It would really need at least a 5' wide tank. Out of those options the rounded pool is a much better choice.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
S

speedjester

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown banded Bamboos can get 4' although unlikely to reach that size in captivity they can definitely get over 3'. It would really need at least a 5' wide tank. Out of those options the rounded pool is a much better choice.
I was leaning towards the trough tank. But aesthetically I’m getting resistance from my better half. Aspect. Do you think a 96x48x18 would work. I can put that inside. But I can’t find a builder who can round the edges. Option# 3. Is to build a elevated pond ( with pond liner) I can have a frame built. 12ftx3 ft by 20” and put a retractable canopy over it for lighting and the inevitable hurricanes. Filtering , cooling and heating will be another mountain to climb.

Aspect

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was leaning towards the trough tank. But aesthetically I’m getting resistance from my better half. Aspect. Do you think a 96x48x18 would work. I can put that inside. But I can’t find a builder who can round the edges. Option# 3. Is to build a elevated pond ( with pond liner) I can have a frame built. 12ftx3 ft by 20” and put a retractable canopy over it for lighting and the inevitable hurricanes. Filtering , cooling and heating will be another mountain to climb.
The 8' x 4' tank would be kinda small for a brown bamboo but it would work. 4' wide should be the absolute absolute minimum for a brown.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back