+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have the aquamaxx WS-1 protein skimmer and lately it hasn’t been producing much skim. I figured I’d take it out for a vinegar/water bath to give it a clean. I noticed that the (impeller?) isn’t spinning. I took it out via a screw and I’m not 100% sure this model is meant to spin? I reinstalled it and it’s now skimming in the vinegar/water bath but the plastic impeller doesn’t spin. This may be a dumb question, but is it supposed to like other skimmers? I found no helpful YouTube videos.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
M

mr.lordacan

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey TokenReefer. Everything is in place and I think I’m good to go. Found an instructional video on YouTube of someone doing a cleaning. I took it all apart/reassembled it… just misunderstood the design and what was considered to be the impeller. Good thing I’m not an engineer lol. I cleaned it all up via RODI and threw it in the tank to see how it operates. I’m already getting some discolored/green skim. I think this thing just needed a cleaning after ~ 6 months of use.

Corals.com

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey TokenReefer. Everything is in place and I think I’m good to go. Found an instructional video on YouTube of someone doing a cleaning. I took it all apart/reassembled it… just misunderstood the design and what was considered to be the impeller. Good thing I’m not an engineer lol. I cleaned it all up via RODI and threw it in the tank to see how it operates. I’m already getting some discolored/green skim. I think this thing just needed a cleaning after ~ 6 months of use.
Great! Yup. I just cleaned mine last week. Great little skimmer imo

OP
OP
M

mr.lordacan

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aqua Maxx skimmer impeller does not spin on a shaft like an Eheim pump does, the whole impeller spins. there is a very little bald washer that goes between the impeller and the front of the pump, do not lose it.
First time breaking down the skimmer haha. Had a panic, but all is good. Thanks!

BRS
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back