• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aquamaxx NF-1 Nano Protein Skimmer (Barely Used)

grassy_noel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an Aquamaxx NF-1 nano protein skimmer. I purchased it on MarineDepot about a month ago for my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 gallon aquarium (see "will it fit" video on MarineDepot's website).

I will ship anywhere in the US for $90.

When I got it, I started breaking it in by placing it into a bucket of water from a water change. It was pulling nice tea-colored skimmate after a couple days and seemed to work very well, much better than my IM Ghost skimmer, and quieter.

Unfortunately, today when I went to install it in my tank, the fit was just too tight. I could feel that it would fit in the second chamber, but the fit was definitely tight and I didn't want to risk it blocking any flow through the rear chamber. So...

I ran it in some vinegar solution for a couple hours, then cleaned everything and am boxing it back up. It's in nearly-new condition.

If you have a nano tank that has a slight larger skimmer compartment, or a sump, or you want to put this directly in the tank, it could be a great option. The only adjustment is changing the height of the skimmer in the water, which affects how wet/dry the skim is, and is super easy using the magnet mount.

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back