Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the aquamaxx hob skimmer 1.5 and the bubbles keep coming all the way up top and overflowing. The videos I watched view the collection cup with only a few bubbles. Mine if filling up with water and bubbles which eventually overflow. What am I doing wrong?

C3D222C4-CB92-4660-8F7A-8B95F12AE080.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just purchased the aquamaxx hob skimmer 1.5 and the bubbles keep coming all the way up top and overflowing. The videos I watched view the collection cup with only a few bubbles. Mine if filling up with water and bubbles which eventually overflow. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 2948880
There is an air control on it. Close it all the way and slowly open until foam approaches the neck of opening and allow foam to rise

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the internal version and went through this.. There are no adjustments far as I know but I just hooked a tube to that 90 degree tube coming off the collection cup and let it overflow into a bucket for a day or so until it settled down.... I put some weight on top of the cup to keep the lid on... Replaced water lost with appropriate amount of saltwater/freshwater to maintain salinity. If it fills with water like your pic shows dump that off... This worked for me... Good luck!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up running airline tubing up into the rubber drain on the side of the cup, all the way to the bottom of the cup. I ran the other end of the airline tubing into a bucket on the floor for a night.
I had to do a quick syphon to the airline to start sucking out the water from the cup
I also placed scotch tape over the 4 vent holes in the lid and on each side of the cup lid to the neck to keep the lid from popping off. After one evening you should be able to pull out the airline from the skimmer cup and set the height of the cup to where you would like it to be.

MtnDewMan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2715.jpg

Get an air inlet valve (probably found at local pet store). Dial down the inlet air to the skimmer. Let it run for a few days that way before opening it back up. In the meantime get something to stuff into the tube, foam or tissue or chips clip .... anything to help reduce the airflow into the skimmer.

Nutramar Foods

steelfeather

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2948880
Skimmers have a brake in period, it will do this for a few days. Give it some time and it should start working correctly.

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just purchased it and just turned it on, then its just breaking in, let it do its thing.

Attach a hose to that clear tube on the skimmer, just let the water and bubbles run into a bucket for a day or two. Turn off your ATO and replace the lost water with saltwater.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back