Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I unplugged my Aquamaxx HOB skimmer to clean the cup out like normal and now it is not working. The pump is not working as strong as it was when I unplugged it. It's not taking in any new water and only barely filtering the water already in the skimmer. I took it completely apart made and made sure nothing was clogging pipes or stopping impeller from spinning but did not see anything. I have had this skimmer for a few months and it hasn't given me any problems and has been working great. Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? Thanks for any advice in advance!

CLICK TO VIEW

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I unplugged my Aquamaxx HOB skimmer to clean the cup out like normal and now it is not working. The pump is not working as strong as it was when I unplugged it. It's not taking in any new water and only barely filtering the water already in the skimmer. I took it completely apart made and made sure nothing was clogging pipes or stopping impeller from spinning but did not see anything. I have had this skimmer for a few months and it hasn't given me any problems and has been working great. Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? Thanks for any advice in advance!
Assure the impeller shaft is aligned right and bushing in place
You should hear motor housing humming

OP
OP
Millsaps2378

Millsaps2378

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assure the impeller shaft is aligned right and bushing in place
You should hear motor housing humming
Everything seems to be lined up as it should and I can hear and feel the vibration of the pump running but it’s barely making any bubbles and not moving any water

Avast
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back