Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe even after extensive safeguards my tank is now infested with aptasia...everything was brand new, rock and sand dry...my three coral frags closely inspected and dipped...I don't believe it was my CuC...as they were added months prior to coral...thoughts?? How much "Spores" does it take to infest? It is currently only on one rock..I have not done anything yet to irritate it, but there is like ten heads...

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Caleb740

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to see but looks like it to me.
Aptasia can be a pain, I've had tanks where I thought I had gotten rid of them, wouldn't see them for months. I wouldn't add anything new and one day they decide to show up everywhere. I believe the only real way to keep them out of your tank is to have an extensive coral quarantine process.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a healthy group of peppermints for over a year, and not a sign of any aiptasia. My Royal Gramma got big and eventually ate all my peppermints and apitasia started to show up (nothing new was added to the system). Obviously the pepperments had kept the aiptasia in check but did not eat every single cell and in the absence of the peppermints the aiptasia were once again able to grow to detectable size.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

cloak

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a picture without the blues on? I can't really see anything in that one.

Never mind, I found them.

If you can take that rock out with ease you could just burn them off with a small butane torch or a cigarette lighter. This only takes a few seconds to do.

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back