Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 gallon tank and was so disappointed when I got an aptasia infestation. I did my research and talk to my local fish store, Fish Frensy in Murrieta CA. This is what I did and now have only a handful of aptasia let in my tank. When I say I had an infestation I mean every inch of rock and sand was covered.

My remedy:
Add a bristle file fish, a Klein butterfly, a lot of peppermint shrimp and two fresh water scats that were easy to acclimate.
Wait and a little more waiting. The first thing to clear up was the sand, a little bit at a time. I waited some more and now I have very few left on my rocks. I tried hitting them with a laser and all that did was irritated them and multiplied. I think now if I hit the few left with a laser the fish would eat all the invisible aptasia you can not see because the fish started with the small ones on the sand.

Good luck with your aptasia infestation it can be cleared up with determination and patience.

AS

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty weird stuff for an aquarium. . . mine could never talk to begin with, let alone lose the ability to do so. . .

Sorry couldn't help myself!

Glad to here you strategy is working. I did the same when I found aptasia, though I caught it real early. File fish and peppermint shrimp worked well for me.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back