Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had pretty much zero issues with my trident until I just cleaned it the other day. I just used plain Q-tips and rubbed until clean. Now I have such wildly inconsistant reading its pretty much useless. I am going to run a bunch of tests throught the day to to see if I can gain some consistancy before I recalibrate. But ive had a spread of 8.2 alk to 10.5...

Any thoughts?

Top Shelf Aquatics

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you flush the sample and waste lines? Any pinched tubes? May be worth taking the bottles completely out of the Trident for a few tests to see if a tube was accidentally pinched.

There’s also a chance that something came loose when you took everything apart to clean it?

I had to run my reagent bottles outside the Trident for a while because it seemed like I could never push that stupid tray in without pinching a line.

Hopefully they redesign the Trident in the future. Once my warranty is out, I’m having a new case 3D printed like Deven did from ReefDudes

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
slythy

slythy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you flush the sample and waste lines? Any pinched tubes? May be worth taking the bottles completely out of the Trident for a few tests to see if a tube was accidentally pinched.

There’s also a chance that something came loose when you took everything apart to clean it?

I had to run my reagent bottles outside the Trident for a while because it seemed like I could never push that stupid tray in without pinching a line.

Hopefully they redesign the Trident in the future. Once my warranty is out, I’m having a new case 3D printed like Deven did from ReefDudes

Also check to make sure all of the needles are positioned so that it is straight down into the reagent bottle. Had the same issue until i got positioners for them.

just took off the sides and ran a test.. its leaking from the star connection all the fittings are ticking out fluids and they wont stay connected...

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, one of the reasons I got rid of mine. Among the others were: Expensive reagents, access was difficult, inconsistent readings etc. etc. etc. Got an alkatronic after deciding that CA and Mg would stay in line using AFR. Had no issues after a year and still on original reagent bottle.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back