Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I apologize if this has already been asked but it's pretty critical on my tank - until I figure out another way - so I just wanted to ask....

Is there a way to program an outlet on apex to stay off after a power outage until I manual turn it back on?

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fallback statement should handle most of those types of usage however a foolproof method is the When statement provided it does not conflict with any other programming. This is why it is important to include the reason for the use along with your current programing for the outlet.

Option 1:

Outlet...
Fallback off

(this will set the outlet to off should it ever lose communication with the Apex as it will during a power outage) However this will only work if the Apex has some type of backup power (it can not change the state of the relays without power).

Option 2:

Virtual outlet for Power outage...
Set on
IF Power apex off 000 then off
When OFF 000 THEN OFF

Outlet...
IF Outlet virtual outlet for power outage name OFF THEN OFF

(the when statement will set the desired state of any outlet that is set to auto until it is physically set back to auto) No programing that I am aware of can change the outlet status after a When statement has been triggered.
Again this will only work if the Apex has some type of backup power (it can not change the state of the relays without power).

Let us know what you want to do and include your current programing along with any other relevant information so we can be more specific and provide the best information.

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Fallback statement should handle most of those types of usage however a foolproof method is the When statement provided it does not conflict with any other programming. This is why it is important to include the reason for the use along with your current programing for the outlet.

Option 1:

Outlet...
Fallback off

(this will set the outlet to off should it ever lose communication with the Apex as it will during a power outage) However this will only work if the Apex has some type of backup power (it can not change the state of the relays without power).

Option 2:

Virtual outlet for Power outage...
Set on
IF Power apex off 000 then off
When OFF 000 THEN OFF

Outlet...
IF Outlet virtual outlet for power outage name OFF THEN OFF

(the when statement will set the desired state of any outlet that is set to auto until it is physically set back to auto) No programing that I am aware of can change the outlet status after a When statement has been triggered.
Again this will only work if the Apex has some type of backup power (it can not change the state of the relays without power).

Let us know what you want to do and include your current programing along with any other relevant information so we can be more specific and provide the best information.
Thank you! I appreciate the help. I used option 1 for now.

I think I'm testing my luck with the reef tank gods. I'm going to redesign my overflow first.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I appreciate the help. I used option 1 for now.

I think I'm testing my luck with the reef tank gods. I'm going to redesign my overflow first.
Perfect, just keep in mind that when the power goes out, nothing works, as in nothing can changes states without some kind of redundant power supply backup.

Nutramar Foods
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back