Apex not connecting to wifi

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lost power the other day for a second and my apex hasn’t reconnect to wifi since. Everything else connected fine except the apex, I have tried rebooting as well as pressing the button for 10 seconds till I got the blue light, connected to the apex wifi and went into fusion to setup again. Had to enter my wifi name and password manually and then I just get a loading screen for minutes on end and it never connects. What can I do to fix this and get it connected back to wifi? I now have a blue light and can’t change it

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same thing happen to me. Neptune is claiming the issue is my router. I've been able to dial it down to the apex being the problem. When I did finally get it to reconnect after unplugging it for a few minutes then back in, it did connect but would drop frequently. Only solution was to use my 100ft cat5 cable and run it to the router. The apex is 10ft from the router, but all I had free was 100ft haha. Neptune claimed my network was causing only the apex to drop from 100% to 50% signal. No other devices have issues, no issues identified when reviewing router logs, and spoke with my work networking folks to get their opinions.

Could be related to the sd card constantly going bad, but idk

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same thing happen to me. Neptune is claiming the issue is my router. I've been able to dial it down to the apex being the problem. When I did finally get it to reconnect after unplugging it for a few minutes then back in, it did connect but would drop frequently. Only solution was to use my 100ft cat5 cable and run it to the router. The apex is 10ft from the router, but all I had free was 100ft haha. Neptune claimed my network was causing only the apex to drop from 100% to 50% signal. No other devices have issues, no issues identified when reviewing router logs, and spoke with my work networking folks to get their opinions.

Could be related to the sd card constantly going bad, but idk
Maybe I’ll get an Ethernet cable tomorrow and try that, thankfully my router is only a few ft away from the apex. I could try changing the sd card but don’t want to lol

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ll get an Ethernet cable tomorrow and try that, thankfully my router is only a few ft away from the apex. I could try changing the sd card but don’t want to lol
I feelbthe same way. I've already needed one brain replaced and the offered to take a look if I send it in, assuming it is under warranty. It no longer is though and I don't want to deal with the hassle if replacing the sd card every time there is an issue. especially if I have to do it every year. I've owned the apex for 2 years and this would be the second time I've had issues with the brain.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feelbthe same way. I've already needed one brain replaced and the offered to take a look if I send it in, assuming it is under warranty. It no longer is though and I don't want to deal with the hassle if replacing the sd card every time there is an issue. especially if I have to do it every year. I've owned the apex for 2 years and this would be the second time I've had issues with the brain.
Don’t blame you, the worst part about the sd card being replaced is that you loose all your settings, such a hassle to get it all back. I know for sure it is the apex acting up, I went into my bell internet (has 2.4, 5, and 6 ghz) and put the 2.4 on its one SSID and still the apex would not connect to it. I am about to give up on it

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune is probably right that 'its the router', but that doesn't help.

Like any embedded device, WiFi settings that are modern and best practice may prevent many IoT devices from connecting, as they never implemented the needed standards (its a moving target, I don't fully blame them).

For example, WPA3 with PMF is going to prevent quite a lot from communicating. The APEX won't even handle BSSID transitions (a pretty old standard), so its not surprising a modern security setting will prevent it from working.

The "right" answer is to run a separate low trust WiFi network with the right settings isolated from other things, but most consumer gear won't handle it. In the interim, you can try disabling:

- WPA3 (use WPA2)
- Protected Management Frames (PMF) - this implies PMF. There may be settings for optional and required or off, you can try optional and finally off.

Personally? I just plug in the apex.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back