Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just set up the Apex El brain and eb832 power bar and connected just the skimmer to the strip. I have the Apex Fusion app and seems to be working fine.
But I have a few questions:

1. I have 2 waveline pumps, is there a way to aet up an optical sensor with Apex to shut the pumps once water reaches a certain level? Same concept would apply to skimmer to prevent it from overflowing.

2. Can I connect like 3 heaters (450w tltotal) to a single plug on eb832? I read better to do it on swutch no 4 or no 8

Please bear with me the very basic questions

Thanks in advance

Top Shelf Aquatics

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just set up the Apex El brain and eb832 power bar and connected just the skimmer to the strip. I have the Apex Fusion app and seems to be working fine.
But I have a few questions:

1. I have 2 waveline pumps, is there a way to aet up an optical sensor with Apex to shut the pumps once water reaches a certain level? Same concept would apply to skimmer to prevent it from overflowing.

2. Can I connect like 3 heaters (450w tltotal) to a single plug on eb832? I read better to do it on swutch no 4 or no 8

Please bear with me the very basic questions

Thanks in advance
1. Yes. Plug pumps into Apex. Tell Apex that when the optical sensor is closed/open (depends on how you set it up) to turn off the outlets that the pumps are plugged into.

2. Dunno. I won't plug heaters into my Apex. Read that it isn't suggested. I use an Inkbird to control them.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes. Plug pumps into Apex. Tell Apex that when the optical sensor is closed/open (depends on how you set it up) to turn off the outlets that the pumps are plugged into.

2. Dunno. I won't plug heaters into my Apex. Read that it isn't suggested. I use an Inkbird to control them.
Thanks
On 1. Which sensor would do that please? Do I need to buy a separate module for that? Optical sensor I saw had like a 3.5.mm jack that doesnt fit anywhere on the back of the apex brain.
On 2. I have something that is like inkbird with heat and fan outlets. But if you go that route the apex temperature probe is dummy and doesnt control anything really

Thanks a lot

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
On 1. Which sensor would do that please? Do I need to buy a separate module for that? Optical sensor I saw had like a 3.5.mm jack that doesnt fit anywhere on the back of the apex brain.
On 2. I have something that is like inkbird with heat and fan outlets. But if you go that route the apex temperature probe is dummy and doesnt control anything really

Thanks a lot
On1, yes, you need an FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) to plug an optical sensor into. They're about $100.
On 2, correct. My Apex monitors temp, it doesn't control it. That what I use the Inkbird for. I'm running 600w of heaters and I do not want to chance that through the Apex.

OP
OP
Lovefish77

Lovefish77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On1, yes, you need an FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) to plug an optical sensor into. They're about $100.
On 2, correct. My Apex monitors temp, it doesn't control it. That what I use the Inkbird for. I'm running 600w of heaters and I do not want to chance that through the Apex.
Thank you - got it-

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Breeders
Back