Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to the Apex Controllers. New to fusion. Everything seems so freaking complicated. Where do I start? I’ve only made it as far as powering up and connected to Fusion through Ethernet cable. Now I need to learn how to name and program outlets on the eb832… Any advice is welcome?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this Apex EL used 2022 model. This is how it’s set up currently is there a way to just completely factory reset everything? Or should I use it as is and change the outlet names and settings?

IMG_6484.png

OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I hit the gear icon and go underneath the outlets and try to change the names of the outlets, it shows that I changed the name. Then I just back out and it goes to the previous settings. Is there a way for me to save the changed info?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to purchase the MOS Magnetic optical sensor. Do I need to purchase any additional equipment to run this sensor on my Apex El? On the Apex EL brain there looks like a DC outlet is already present? On BRS states to plug the sensor to a FMM module. Wanting to mount the sensor in my sump to cut off my ATO if it ever gets stuck on to prevent an overflow. I guess what I’m trying to say is: use the sensor as a high water safety switch?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedReefer

RedReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gear icon opens an interface to rename the outlet and set the type of outlet control you want
Hey posted another question. Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

AstroCoral

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to purchase the MOS Magnetic optical sensor. Do I need to purchase any additional equipment to run this sensor on my Apex El? On the Apex EL brain there looks like a DC outlet is already present? On BRS states to plug the sensor to a FMM module. Wanting to mount the sensor in my sump to cut off my ATO if it ever gets stuck on to prevent an overflow. I guess what I’m trying to say is: use the sensor as a high water safety switch?
I’m almost positive you need an FMM module, the auxiliary power port underneath is only for powering the head unit or detecting the power being out - don’t quote me on this though, you could email Neptune if you don’t find a definitive answer to this on their website.

Edit: May also be better to create an account on Neptune’s forum, that would be the most knowledgeable place for Neptune-specific questions. I’ve found a ton of answers on there that I didn’t find anywhere else online.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back