Apex nearly killed the tank!

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason my apex light was flashing and it'd kept the heaters on! Must have been for a while. My pond reached 31.5 degrees C before I noticed it. what the heck is going on, I don't know. It's set to fallback to off? Has anyone had this before.
Had a few fish trying to jump out, likely very stressful for them.
I have turned all the lights off and put ice in plastic bags in the sump and opened a door so the temperature drops in there (Garage)
Trouble is the ice just melted too quickly lol

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad relay on the bar? Swap outlets if you can and test it works.
I'm not sure I don't think so, it seems to be working now. After unplugging and replugging it. Well the lights are off for outlets now anyway. Funnily enough it just asked me to update the os aswell. I have a feeling it was a software problem

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I don't think so, it seems to be working now. After unplugging and replugging it. Well the lights are off for outlets now anyway. Funnily enough it just asked me to update the os aswell. I have a feeling it was a software problem
Not sure about how these outlets go but it could still be faulty despite appearing to work again. Keep a close eye on it. Best of luck

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Inkbird controller plugged into my Apex. Just in case.
That's a good idea, I have one somewhere il use that. Even if I don't use the sockets atleast itl give me a visual other than the apex app.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back