Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my dilemma and what has happened, first I was having hard time stabilizing pH, pH swings from 8.18 to low of 7.72 so I have started dosing Kalk which helped tremendously. At the same time I kept my 2 part dosing online to supplement Alk, or Ca if feel short,
of targeted range. Did'nt know how Kalk was going to react so I thought this to be a safeguard.

In the schedule I entered it to dose 0.1ml between 00;00 to 11;59. Same applies to both Alk and Ca.

In the advance tab I entered "IF alk3X < 8.20 THEN ON"

This morning I woke up to find pH at 8.18 (midnight reading in the Trident) and the dosing pump running like it should be I thought. But it kept running so I checked DOS log, and it showed 0.1 ml dosed at 00:01 then started dosing 200ml every 30 minutes for a total of 1400 ml be added before I took it offline. Immediately ran Alk test with Trident and it read 9.82

Is my command wrong if so, what should I have entered?
If not, then why is it dosing so much?

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this much appreciated.

AS

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from a apex expert but a few things stand out to me. If using a dos (I’m just assuming) you never want to change its status to “on” because that causes it to beginning dosing at a fast rate (I don’t remember the exact rate) and it continue to do so until something turns it off. For two part dosing it’s status should always stay as Table (TBL).

The other issue is that you never want set something to start dosing off of a trident reading. The issue is that when your alk drops to a certain level it triggered your dosing pump to come on, but the trident only gets an alk reading every 6 hours (or whatever it’s set to). So your system won’t know that the alk increased for hours which means it will keep dosing until the alk is read hours later.

Also in your programming I don’t see an off command, although that doesn’t matter because you don’t want to used advanced programming in this case anyway. If you are using a dos then look into trident controlled dosing. There is a task that walks you through the setup. If not using a dos don’t trigger it to come on from a trident reading, unless there is some programming that only allows it to run for a certain amount of time.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back