Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone give me some info on the apex FMM. If I hook it up to my top off will it store total water added over a period of time. Also thinking of getting the 2 inch metering valves any experience with those thanks.

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
rocket098

rocket098

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the classic apex. My top of is stand alone and is directly from my ro unit. It activates via valve solenoid and has run timer. I would put the 1/4 meter valve on the line and control it with the FMM. The thing I need to know is would it store total water passed through over time or just give flow rate. Thanks

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the classic apex. My top of is stand alone and is directly from my ro unit. It activates via valve solenoid and has run timer. I would put the 1/4 meter valve on the line and control it with the FMM. The thing I need to know is would it store total water passed through over time or just give flow rate. Thanks
Just flow rate

AS

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope as said above, it isnt designed to monitor flow rate over time.

Edit: actually it does flow rate, just isnt designed to log rate over time, very well.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the responses would have been nice to monitor evaporation rates.
Couldn’t you do this yourself by just monitoring your top off reservoir and making marks on it and then deciding how much it uses over is that period of time?

Nutramar Foods

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When an rodi system kicks on the tds is very high for first few min up to even more then 10 min till it gets flushed out and then starts to produce the 0 tds water that is needed. This is why a lot of people has auto flush systems integrated with RO DI, so that it automatically flushes for a couple minutes every time it turns on first that water goes down the drain and then when it’s done flushing, they start collecting the good water. so now what you are doing every time your sump is low your system kicks on and it is literally filling your swamp with super high TDS water never even gets a chance to flush it out and give you the good water supposed to be using. This is why you need to let it run into it say a 5 gallon bucket, and then go from there into your sump

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back