Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some trouble trying to update the firmware on my Apex to get to version 5.11 1D23 and after six attempts, it finally completed, but now I'm missing the mini-charts. Can someone help?

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-02-14T21-56-41.358Z.png

Nutramar Foods

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some assistance

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in to update those of you who are having problems.

After nearly two weeks of waiting for Neptune support (because they're "busy"), I sought my own solution and stumbled across this YouTube video. It seems that this is a known problem where the MicroSD cards in the units become corrupted during or after a firmware update. It's easy enough to open the unit, and replace the card. I'm not saying it'll cure the problems others have, but it solved the issue for me.

Note that in the video, the trick to removing the card is that you have to slide the top locking plate toward the large IC (away from the edge of the board) and flip it up like a 'hatch' or 'lid'. You can then easily lay in a new card and lock it back into place. IMPORTANT: Despite the recommendation in that video, I wouldn't use just any crappy SD card, it's just not worth saving a few bucks. Also, get a 16GB card to be sure you have enough room.

Good luck to all!

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back