Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have and Apex system running on my relatively new (few months old) 150 gallon reef. I'm using 2 DOS systems one for 2 part and 1 for AWC, and a Trident. I noticed a couple weeks ago that AWC wasn't happening. Then noticed that Trident wasn't running scheduled tests. Long story short, ultimately contacted Neptune CS and they scheduled phone call. They determined my Apex brain was bad and shipped another one. It took 3 days but basic tank functions were fine. My return pump and WAV units were running and Temp control, and parameter monitoring were fine. I got the new Apex brain today. Hooked it up and it initially connected to wifi. I loaded the backed settings from my old Apex and basically nothing worked. Tried to restart it and now it won't even connect to wifi. So, I called Neptune CS and was actually able to talk to a tech who sent me an email telling me to restart the Apex (I'd already done this multiple times) Obviously that didn't help. I decided to put the old one back on because at least it was running my pumps. Well now it doesn't do anything. I'm running my COR return on it's own, Neither WAV will operate. I checked on things a bit ago and tanks temp was up over 80 degrees. So it's running my heaters despite the temp parameters and the failsafe set to off. I'm pretty stressed about it because I'm worried about maintaining water quality. I have a call scheduled with Neptune tomorrow but even if they send another Apex head unit, i won't get that until next week. I'm super frustrated to say the least.
Any suggestions?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have and Apex system running on my relatively new (few months old) 150 gallon reef. I'm using 2 DOS systems one for 2 part and 1 for AWC, and a Trident. I noticed a couple weeks ago that AWC wasn't happening. Then noticed that Trident wasn't running scheduled tests. Long story short, ultimately contacted Neptune CS and they scheduled phone call. They determined my Apex brain was bad and shipped another one. It took 3 days but basic tank functions were fine. My return pump and WAV units were running and Temp control, and parameter monitoring were fine. I got the new Apex brain today. Hooked it up and it initially connected to wifi. I loaded the backed settings from my old Apex and basically nothing worked. Tried to restart it and now it won't even connect to wifi. So, I called Neptune CS and was actually able to talk to a tech who sent me an email telling me to restart the Apex (I'd already done this multiple times) Obviously that didn't help. I decided to put the old one back on because at least it was running my pumps. Well now it doesn't do anything. I'm running my COR return on it's own, Neither WAV will operate. I checked on things a bit ago and tanks temp was up over 80 degrees. So it's running my heaters despite the temp parameters and the failsafe set to off. I'm pretty stressed about it because I'm worried about maintaining water quality. I have a call scheduled with Neptune tomorrow but even if they send another Apex head unit, i won't get that until next week. I'm super frustrated to say the least.
Any suggestions?
I can suggest unplugging the base unit from everything plugging everything back in one energy bar with the head unit, perform a hard master reset I think it can be done by holding a pin in the little reset button for five seconds I think and if you have a hard wired connection to Internet plug that in and then from APEX Fusion reperform the set up new Apex procedure

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Dmsick

Dmsick

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way that the unit they sent you is bad it just needs to be reset again and reconfigured to your fusion
Oh It's bad. The reset button doesn't even work. There is no click or sensation that the reset button engages. I know how it should feel because the one on my other unit does click and reset the unit. It's a refurbished unit. I honestly don't know what to think. I have tried multiple times to unplug and start it over and it won't even connect to my wifi. It will go through the set up to the point it connects to my phone but once it tries to connect to wifi, it stops. My other unit will connect but just not function.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh It's bad. The reset button doesn't even work. There is no click or sensation that the reset button engages. I know how it should feel because the one on my other unit does click and reset the unit. It's a refurbished unit. I honestly don't know what to think. I have tried multiple times to unplug and start it over and it won't even connect to my wifi. It will go through the set up to the point it connects to my phone but once it tries to connect to wifi, it stops. My other unit will connect but just not function.
I’m not sure but does the trident work on a 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal or will it only work on a 2.4 gig signal that could be an issue Many things like this can only work on 2.4 signal

Nutramar Foods

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if the reset button is not working that could be a problem

AquaCave Logo Banner

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if i recall I had to set up on a 2.4 Ghz lucky my router has both.
Yes I am in the exact same boat I have both of them and I’m pretty sure I had to do 2.4 I’m pretty sure I read that in the directions as well it does not work on 5.0 some people only have 5.0 and not both

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back