Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out the Apex brain on my frag tank is not working properly, reached out to the company and we've been going back and forth for 3 weeks now. Getting tired of the e-mails.

My frag tank has the complete Apex EL / Trident combo.
Now, my display tank also has the complete Apex EL / Trident combo, can I run my frag tank and display tank off my "working" Apex that is running my display ?

My frag tank is approx 30' away, what equipment do I need to get my frag tank running again.
Thank you in advance.

Nutramar Foods

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sure can. I send a 30' cable through the wall and downstairs to the basement to run stuff down there from my apex located upstairs.

Last edited:

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure can. I run a 30' cable through the wall and downstairs to the basement to run stuff down there from my apex located upstairs.

FWIW regular USB A cables can be used. The only difference between aquabus and USB is USB carries power, where the aquabus just carries data. Which is fine as long as you only plug the USB cable into apex modules.

Amazon is loads cheaper for 30ft usb cables then using a neptune product.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW regular USB A cables can be used. The only difference between aquabus and USB is USB carries power, where the aquabus just carries data. Which is fine as long as you only plug the USB cable into apex modules.

Amazon is loads cheaper for 30ft usb cables then using a neptune product.
To your knowledge, are the aquabus cables proprietary to Neptune? Given I most likely have USB cables mixed into my cables, you have me worried and I was debating on replacing all of my cables to ensure I am no delivering power where I shouldnt. I do searches for these cables and all i find is USB.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes aquabus is propitiatory to neptune. Which is just a normal usb cable with the power lines removed.

USB is fine to use, as long as you only use them to plug in apex modules(no use of the power side). Where people tend to run into issues is plugging a standard USB into say your PC, then the head unit, or any module. You will fry them.

I have several regular USB cables in use. Again they are fine to use as long as you only use them for the apex like a normal aquabus cable.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MonkeyReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out the Apex brain on my frag tank is not working properly, reached out to the company and we've been going back and forth for 3 weeks now. Getting tired of the e-mails.

My frag tank has the complete Apex EL / Trident combo.
Now, my display tank also has the complete Apex EL / Trident combo, can I run my frag tank and display tank off my "working" Apex that is running my display ?

My frag tank is approx 30' away, what equipment do I need to get my frag tank running again.
Thank you in advance.
Can I ask, what’s wrong with the apex brain? What symptoms is it showing?

OP
OP
FMF0331

FMF0331

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask, what’s wrong with the apex brain? What symptoms is it showing?
It's not controlling the heater or trident.
Spoke (email ) to the staff at Neptune
They logged into my PC , did a few things and they confirmed it's the Base unit / brain is defective.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back