+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just received an update notification for my Apex. Given that I was going to perform massive maintenance tomorrow, I thought I'd knock it out. I realize that the update said to disconnect AB cables to FMMs for 5 seconds post update of FMMs post-update of AOS.

I updated Apex to AOS 5.10 8F22, and suddenly everything turned off, and in interface went missing. After a few minutes, some returned, but most remain missing and now report to be disconnected. I performed updates for FMMs that reported an update was available, but they all returned as NEW FMMs, with old ones showing disconnected. Same with one of my DOS and ASM.

1. Has anyone encountered this?
  2. Is there a way to recover? I would have taken a backup before major maintenance/shuffle, but I didn't think to take one before this update. GRR.
  3. I suppose I can rip it all out, proceed with my maintenance tomorrow, and just configure the whole system from scratch, but this is problematic. This is the second update for which I've experienced issues. And while removing the AB cables for 5 seconds isn't hard, it is a chore given cable management snugness.
Any advice would be appreciated. If this just is, then I'll proceed as planned.

20220826_231843000_iOS.png

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
rhostam

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to have affected the temperature probe on my ASM, too. Optical sensors are messed up now that FMMs have been replaced/missing. Most of the critical alerting/switching programming is useless. Even the FMM that controls ATO now runs continuously - I've had to physically disconnect the PMUP.

My Apex PAR meter now shows 6266 PAR up from 45 (facing the corner of the tank). Wow!

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
rhostam

rhostam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a cut/paste snippet from another post (I piggybacked since mine received little feedback):

Hi, I realize OP --- issue was resolved, but I just wanted to share my update for visibility:

I had two FMMs that were both trying to take the ID of an existing FMM. It is unclear what caused this condition, but it may have been from the Apex panicking due to an interrupted update on one or both of the FMMs.

Support did recommend using the swap module task to help with this, but I was concerned with proceeding because I didn't understand the problem (after a factory reset) AND I just rebuilt/reconfigured everything - how could there be conflicts? Plus the task assumes that the problem FMMs are still configured (they weren't). We did a support screen share to troubleshoot/resolve this issue. They did a few swap commands and the issues were resolved within 30 minutes.

They still recommend submitting a ticket to help with this issue. They are unfortunately pretty busy the last two weeks, and they apologized for the delay. They will also look to see if they can write a simple document with steps if this issue is experienced by any more folk (several monitor/use R2R).

Shout out to @NeptunePaul and specifically CB for helping me through a frustrating experience!

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back