• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone with a polyp of purple death....pretty plz

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Chris2222000

Chris2222000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
what are you offering in return? ;) are you on RC?

Hah! At this point my soul,,,jk. You can pm me with what you would like to trade or sell, you probally have alot of what I have. If I could figure this new dig camera I got. I tried messing with the f stop, but to no avail.
And yes I am on rc on the same name, mostly a lurker though :shock:

On a side note surf, I have had the same browning out of some of my zoas when introduced to my tank a few years with 10k lighting. My ppes started getting light green skirts and pale purplish disks, after getting 14k hamis the babies are showing the purple again :)
Thanks for the comment coralnutz!
Chris

Nutramar Foods

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank did you do the MH"s on? i find this make a HUGE difference. my lights are way too bright for the depth of the tank. yet i know people who say they have no problems with 400w 20k's, and 250w 10k's. but they fail to mention their tanks are 3 feet deep. BIG difference IMO.

well, you are the one who is interested in the purple deaths. so normally when people post that they want something, they show what they have to offer.

I'm not gonna say i'm interested or not, until i see what ya got ;) and i'm sure you would get alot more nibbles if you said and posted pics of what you were offering in return.

esspecially since you are new here ;)

OP
OP
Chris2222000

Chris2222000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could learn my camera, that pic in the other thread was pure luck, I tried the same settings on other zoas and it came out overexposed or grainy.
The camera I got is an Olympus 7.1 mp. I also use a tripod.
My tank is 125 gallons and 21" tall.
I shall keep learning my camera and hopefully get better pics without shelling out more cash for another camera.
Thanks
Chris

OP
OP
Chris2222000

Chris2222000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surf only for you did I sit at this computer and resize and crop alot of pics I took (didnt realize how big 7 mp pics are)
Heres some of what I have
pinkngreen.jpg

speckeledgreen.jpg

paly2.jpg

bluesgreensee.jpg

ee2.jpg

P7120239.jpg

P7120241.jpg

P7120246.jpg

P7120258.jpg

starrr.jpg

The above cloves are hottt. Both orange and green inside polyps. Keep in mind some pics are washed out do to my learning my new camera! All pics taken under 250 watt 14k Hamiltons on an Ice cap ballast.
Thanks
Chris[/img]

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back